Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Agway Studio
.

. ............................phalenopsis (orchid)
.
In the bank yesterday, a teller asked me if I had any photos of calla lilies. I do not, or rather, did not. In fact, it seems to me that it's been years since I saw one in bloom.

After leaving the bank, I went to Agway to pick up some grain for the horses. There is a large and wonderful greenhouse there, and this time of year it is teeming with plants. Next to several beautiful orchids, I spotted two calla lilies. For the next twenty minutes or so, I photographed some of these beauties. It was a good excuse to stay longer, breathing in the heavy scent of so many flowers.
.

. ................................calla lily
.
surprised by sunshine
silly gardener shopping

greenhouse flowers bloom
..
And now I must get to work in the garden!
.

8 comments:

Bardouble29 said...

So beautiful, one of my favorite flowers. Any excuse is a good one to just enjoy them for a moment.

the blogger formerly known as yinyang said...

That is an interestingly shaped flower. It's simple, and pretty.

When I grow up, I want a little flower garden...

Crabby said...

Aw. They really are beautiful, aren't they?
PS. I'm gettin a kick out of yingyang's avatar.

Em said...

I love going to Agway or other places with a greenhouse. The scent is just heavenly.

whimsical brainpan said...

Absolutely beautiful as always Wizard! Thanks for sharing.

darkfoam said...

no wonder georgia o'keefe was inspired by flowers...

Citymouse said...

I think I nee a walk

Anonymous said...

almost every photo you take
wants to hang on my wall, the calla lily - no exception!
AND a great senryu!