Friday, May 04, 2007

Bogart & Bacall, Lucy & Desi, Homer & Jethro, Macaroni & Cheese, Green Eggs & Ham, Shaman & Wizard...
.
poem © 2007 by Becky Harblin, photo © 2007 by WizenedEye.com
.
If I listen
closely
to the place
I came from,
and eventually will return to,
I can hear
the green children
playing
their sweet fiddle tunes.
And sometimes
when I am out walking
in early, early spring
I catch them
just as they pull
back into the earth,
nothing showing
but the soft
curly green of their fiddle's
head.

.

.

8 comments:

Robin said...

Oh...wonderful....Thank you.

DNR said...

*sigh* - Thanks!!

whimsical brainpan said...

Beautiful! Thanks once again for sharing. :-)

DirkStar said...

How nice to go out walking and find that beautiful places still remain as I remember them.

Hello old friend. The baby is free of jaundice and will need no more treatments.

Felicia and I are tired but we are beginning to adjust.

God how I do love this little boy...

Unknown said...

You help me start my mornings in such perfect ways...thanks! Carmon

ThursdayNext said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely...

Citymouse said...

i need to take a walk

Craig D said...

Fiddle Heads!

That's all. Just FIDDLE HEADS!