Monday, April 30, 2007

Wood to stack today, burgemot to thin, grain and supplies to fetch... but this came in from Shaman and inspired an early morning photo. Enjoy ~
.
I can’t look in without looking out


I am searching
for the root, the heart,
the very essence,
a center,
some of us call God,
some say Creator,
or Allah, or the One.

I keep looking small, and talking big,
then when I still can’t find
this nano-essence,
I talk of smallness
and look to big,
because maybe,
the essence
is not a boiled down thing.

This core of life, has no core,
it is the biggest
all encompassing
universal lumpy thing.
It is the all without and all the within.
This is exhausting,
I think I will have a cup of tea,
and drink it in.


................... ~ Becky Harblin..... April 29, 2007
.
.
.
........................photo by wizenedeye.com

9 comments:

Citymouse said...

love it!

whimsical brainpan said...

Awesome poem and great pic!

Thanks for sharing Wizard. :-)

Craig D said...

That tes looks mighty inviting! D'ya have any scones?

Unknown said...

Thank you...wonderful way to start my morning with my own cup of tea. Carmon

ThursdayNext said...

I love the last stanza of this poem!

Kati said...

Happy May Day Wiz!!!! Hope y'all are having a beautiful, sunny week!

Anonymous said...

man, i'm so i need of a cup of tee right about now. and i'm also long overdue in contemplating the 'all encompassing universal lumpy thing'.
...i think i'll make myself that cuppa right now.
xo

foam

Robin said...

Everything in this picture speaks of a past I think of fondly....from the aged spoon, to the cup design...and the cloth. Thank you....

Robin said...

By the way Wiz...re: the full moon....you should have seen it's light on the water last night. The water was a deep steel blue and the tops of the waves were silver. Took your breath away.