Friday, April 27, 2007

Spring! Friend! Neglect! Sloth!

John Prine and Steve Goodman wrote a song that contained everything that had ever been in any of the country and western songs they had ever heard. Dallas, dope, divorce, dead dogs, trains, prison Christmas, mothers, farms, and trucks - you know the stuff. The verse of it I remember is:


Ever since the dog died and mama went to prison
Ain't nothin' round this old farm that's been the same
You know when mom broke out last Christmas
She drove her pickup truck into a train

That’s what this post should be: an excuse for not blogging that includes all my excuses for not blogging. Spring came… gardening… a chum from Toronto was here on a genealogy hunt… the horses broke the pasture fence… the pile on my desk got so high it blocked my view of the computer screen… and each of those things sub-divides into a bunch of tasks.

So, friends, I must catch up on some responsibilities around here. I hope to be back real soon.

7 comments:

Bardouble29 said...

I was missing you, I am glad you are well and that spring has come to your neck of the woods. Just don't forget to sit back and enjoy a cup of smead.

Clay Eals said...

Good to see your post about "You Never Even Call Me by My Name," written primarily by Steve Goodman. He often doesn't get his due. Thought you might be interested in an eight-year project of mine that is coming to fruition -- a biography of Goodman that will be published one week from today. Please e-mail me at ceals@comcast.net if you would like me to e-mail you a background sheet on the book. Or check my Internet site below for more info and how to pre-order, if you like. Just trying to spread the word. Feel free to do the same!

Clay Eals
1728 California Ave. S.W. #301
Seattle, WA 98116-1958

(206) 935-7515
ceals@comcast.net
http://www.clayeals.com

whimsical brainpan said...

Just happy to know all is well (though piling up a bit). Enjoy the spring, do your chores, have fun with your friend, and we'll be here when you come back.

Bardouble29 said...

opps, I meant mead not smead...my fingers are moving faster than my brain...

Anonymous said...

If I was a kid I would want you to write my excuse to a teacher!

The Wild Inside said...

I hear ya! Damn, but tempus really does fugit!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.