Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy "All Fools Day!"

A year ago on this day, Husband and I had dinner at the home of our friends who operate a large dairy farm. On that day, their young Amish hired hands had dropped off a beautiful loaf of fresh-baked bread.

As we were about to sit down to dinner, our hostess cut into the bread...
.
.
...and found this inside it! They may drive buggies and forego most modernity, but the Amish in our area have a great sense of humor.
.
Happy April Fool's Day to all!
.

10 comments:

Kati said...

ROFLMBO!!!! That's a good one!!!

Hope your march left like a lamb, as ours did!

Em said...

LOL...very good. A nice, creative trick.

whimsical brainpan said...

I'm with Em, that is one of the most creative April Fool's Day pranks I've ever seen.

darkfoam said...

that surly is the best prank i've ever seen..

Helene said...

ok but I am wondering if you are pulling an April Fools joke here yourself... hummmm

Cute none the less! lol

Judy said...

Kate - No kidding, this is true Amish humor. Anyway, if I take the time to bake a loaf of bread, you can believe that it will be because I plan to eat the whole thing!

Robin said...

I am fascinated by who you know, how you learn, the things that happen to you day to day~that could never touch the world most of us live in. Guess that's why we remain.

Why didn't you tell me your link from my blog didn't work?

~R

DirkStar said...

I knew those folks were hiding a sense of humor somewhere!

Great story.

Judy said...

Robin - I must not have checked your link... (probably used my "back button" instead). 'Hope you fixed it, because I love to have you visit here!

Did you ever watch the TV series "Northern Exposure?" We live in Cicely, Alaska... Or at least, the show could have been filmed here without making any of it up. That's one of the reasons we love "The North Country."

Craig D said...

Not exactly an uncanny sense of humor, but very funny!