Friday, January 12, 2007

I Won! I Won!



Friday as I was about to set out for the Remington Art Museum to retrieve my two photos from the now-finished "Amateurs Only!" show, an email arrived from Upper Canada Village:

I am writing to congratulate you because the photograph you submitted for Upper Canada Village's Photo Contest of the sunflowers reaching up in front of Christ Church has won second prize in our "Other" category.

A a result, you have won a Family Single-Day Pass to
Upper Canada Village, that can be used on the day of your choice in the upcoming 2007 season (May 20 to October 7, 2007).

Last summer I wanted to spend an entire day there alone with my camera (in addition to the three or four family visits), but because of the beaver fever episode, it just didn't happen, and so eventually I just submitted the picture of the sunflowers and the church I had taken during the summer and forgot all about it.

It's wonderful to be a winner, but I honestly think that some of the "Honorable Mention" photos are better than mine (they probably weren't entered in the "Other" category, however). But gee, gosh... thanks! I am thrilled by this honor. Check out the other winning photos, and if you are ever in eastern Ontario, definitely plan to spend a day in the 1860s in Upper Canada Village.


12 comments:

Pepper said...

Congrats!

What I love about your blog is it is not a "quick read." I enjoy sitting down with a cup of coffee with your blog on my computer screen and just enjoy.

Judy said...

Pepper, I consider that very high praise. Thank you.

Citymouse said...

Great news!!! Great pic!!!

Craig D said...

Hey, congratulations on your second place showing!

Being a Buffalo, NY native, I tried to console my sports-fan friends that the Bills came in second place on four consecutive Superbowls, but all I got were annoyed glares in return.

We, on the other hand, are obviously aware of the gratification that comes with such victories! Enjoy your prize, eh?

Crabby said...

These are all very good. But the judges chose rightly. You deserved the win, kiddo. congrats on that!

Robin said...

Crabcake has it right. There's something about your photo that is just perfect. Congratulations!

whimsical brainpan said...

Congratulations Wizard!

I'm glad you got an award recognizing what we already know, you are one talented lady. You deserved it! The judges picked the right one.

It is a beautiful picture.

Bardouble29 said...

Congtraulations, I love your photos and am thrilled for you. I hope you enjoy your visit and take many more photos!

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to take my son to Upper Canada Village. I went there once as a kid and loved it. Congrats on your winning. I'm happy for you.

..................... said...

congratulations!
great photo..the blues, the yellows, the white, green leaves, greenish shutters.....really great photo..

DNR said...

Congrats Wiz!!!

It is a very beutiful pic.

DirkStar said...

Once again, I knew real talent when I saw it.

Another Eddie Award winner has done me proud...

Great job, congrats!

Missed you...