Thursday, March 06, 2008

Blogging was an attempt at recording who I am, what matters to me, and some of the experiences that have shaped me: a sort of journal that I hoped my kids and grandson might someday look at. I wanted them to discover that I was more (I hoped) than simply "Mom" or "Grandma". I never anticipated readers, nor did I realize how much time and energy can go into being the member of a blogging community.

Like the bumper sticker says, SHIT HAPPENS. Or in my case, BLOGGING HAPPENED. Blame it on Dirk, for he was the first "stranger" to wander in here and decide that a wizened wizard might be worth visiting now and then. I followed his tracks out of the forest and began visiting some of his friends, others came here, and soon the overlapping circles caused what had been a secret path to turn well-trodden.

I met a lot of interesting people. In what I began calling "Bloggerville" there live funny folks, creative writers, artists, thoughtful people, those wrestling with enormous demons, those living unusual, wonderful, admirable lives, and just plain "everyday folks". So many of you "givers" have visited my blog, left kind comments, good advice, encouragement or greetings. I began spending more and more time trying to behave in kind, and although my trips to your sites were almost always rewarding, I never felt I could keep up with being a good community member and also live the life that matters to me in the real world.

My site meter indicates that traffic has fallen off at WizenedWizard.blogspot.com, and maybe that's a very good thing. Perhaps now I can return to my original intent, which was simply to post photos, stories or an occasional poem - just for me and maybe someday for my kids and grandson. Of course I will always be pleased to find comments from any of you who might still be reading this, but I shall be the hermit, the wizard at the end of the trail through the woods, incomunicado.

.

5 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

So the ramp can hold kegs but not someone in a wheelchair? LOL!

I know what you mean. Once you get involved it's hard to keep up sometimes.

I'm glad you are back and I'd expect the sitemeter numbers to go back up now that you are dear Wizard. Be a hermit if you want. I'm just glad you're back.

Robin said...

Hear, hear! What Whim said!

Anonymous said...

WIth the advent of things like FeedBlitz and Google Reader, lot sof us visit only when there is a new post. My site visits are down and I think it's mostly for that reason.

Anyway, great photos, and I'll keep checking in when you're around. Glad to hear from you at whatever pace you feel lie blogging.

darkfoam said...

i like hermits .. :)

Slip said...

Spring is coming, even your trees lost the ice that was covering them!