Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bye-Bye-Bloggie...

As I repeated the words, "I wish there were more hours in the day" another time (it's been my mantra for over a week), I finally realized that I need to take a break from blogging. Yeah, I know... What about that sneaky septic tank? How did she build those stone walls? If she was sterile, then where in heck did her son come from? For now (if it really matters to anyone), the answers to those questions will have to wait. There are still untold stories: Dwight the Musher, for instance. And I hope there will be many photos to take and share.

Well there it is right there: the photos... My new/old career was taking off, but then came the back injury. I've lost three months and a lot of momentum, and that's the real reason I must take a break. This week and last I have spent most of my waking hours on the computer. Technology is tyranical, and anyone who shoots a lot of serious digital images knows how much time it takes to save, edit, organize and store them. For the most part, it's something I enjoy doing, but it does take time.

There are so many things I've needed to learn about. The latest realization is that I must register copyrights for any photo I really care about, and my website needs a complete overhaul. On the creative side, there are all the techniques I learned during the workshop last fall. I need to practice them until they're ingrained and rote. Marketing is another challenge that's a lot less fun than being creative or artistic.

On Friday, I received the prints that had taken me more than a week to order. (There's no question that I am organizationally challenged). I've been matting all weekend - or at least when Grandson wasn't here.

I love blogging, and I'm sure I won't stay away very long. I'll also miss you and miss following what's going on in your lives and the stories you tell.
.

.
I'll be back, and in the meantime, be well, laugh often and love true ~

Wiz
.
.

20 comments:

ThursdayNext said...

Have a relaxing break and enjoy your time away...just make sure you let us know when you return.

Em said...

Wiz, you have long been one of my absolute fave bloggers. And you have encouraged and supported me in my writing. You are one of my best blogger buddies and you will be missed while you are absent. But I wish you the best of luck in any and all adventures...and look forward to your return.

Judy said...

To all my blogging buddies - Each of you is unique and touch me in some way. Some of you brighten my day with your humor, some have fascinating stories to tell; others make me think or inspire me. There are the artists and the writers, the animal lovers and the unsung heroes who nurture their small corner of the world - perhaps going unnoticed. Ours (and I say "ours" because you know I WILL be back) is a rich and diverse community, and I often wish there were no miles between us or that Life could give us the time and means to meet face to face and really share long conversations.

Linda G. said...

Congratulations Wiz! That's a remarkable photo! I can just see you doing the Snoopy dance..hope you didn't further injure your back!
Thanks for all your kind and supportive comments on my blog. I have greatly appreciated your interest.
Do have fun setting up your exciting new business, and we'll be here when you get back:)

darkfoam said...

you do what you need to do, wizard..
for as long as it takes..
and, like thursday said, let us know when you are back.
good luck in your ventures.
your photos are wonderful and deserve your full attention.

Anonymous said...

Go to it, Wiz! ...it's like you're setting off on a solo climb of Mt. Everest (or Marcy) and are out of radio contact for a while. But we know you're headed for *great stuff* and are cheering you on all the way. Hugs, km

whimsical brainpan said...

Have a great break Wiz. Enjoy yourself! You will be missed.

CS said...

You will be sorely missed, but I certainly understand. Take whatver time you need, and I have you on FeedBlitz so I'll know when you are back to posting.

(Thse flowers look like lobster claws to me.)

Robin said...

I can't say I'm happy, but I'm happy for you. New horizons..... I wish you a world of good.

I'll be waiting....

meggie said...

Oh Wiz! So many of my favourite blog friends are taking breaks.
I wish you all the luck in the world for your ventures.
I have been stepping back, I need to take stock of my time... which is all I have now...
I look forward to hearing from you in the future. Love your photography, but also love your words!

Craig D said...

wiz'd wiz'd:

I'm approaching the same fork in the road, myself, and feel about the same way.

I has been a blast and it will (one hopes) once again be a blast.

Best of everything to to you!

Kati said...

Enjoy your break, and I hope you get so much done that you find yourself with time to spare for sharing stories with us! *grin*

We'll Miss you, but we'll be here when you get back!

Citymouse said...

may you have everything your heart desires!!! you will be missed in the blog world. I hope to see your work in the "other" world soon.

The Lone Beader® said...

I've seen so many people say they need to take a break from blogging, then they're back within a week. We'll see how long you stay away...:D

Anonymous said...

Hey, when you do come back, I've moved and you can find me at this new site.

Joshua said...

Good luck on your break.

I know I don't stop by often, but I do wish you the best of luck =)

Synchronicity said...

i am always too late to the party. what is this? a blog break? aww shucks. well i do understand. there is a whole world beyond the computer...i think. is there? :>)

come back soon...we will miss you.

Pink Icing said...

Good fortune

Robin said...

Just stopped by to say hi! Hope all is well.... :)

Robin said...

By the way, there's a gift for you at my place. No worries about passing it on. I just couldn't finish it without naming you.....