Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Streaming (CLICK ON A PHOTO TO ENLARGE IT)

Here is a photograph of a Tug Hill Plateau stream. There has been a drought this fall, and the creeks are shallow. Rocks that would normally be well under water are now catching and collecting the leaves that float downstream, stacking them together like so many playing cards.
.

.
Below is a river flowing well below usual fall levels, exposing vast expanses of its rock bed. I decided to play with grayscale on this one - not something learned or encouraged by the photo workshop, but rather, something I just had some fun doing.
.

.

Remember, these pictures were part of a learning experience, and as such, they represent steps in the right direction...
.
.
.
I miss my camera.
.

10 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

I hope you get your cameras back soon. (((HUGS)))

The last pic is very good but I absolutely love what you did with the second pic. Very striking!

Kati said...

All beautiful pictures, but I love the central pic where everything is gray EXCEPT the one red maple leaf. Creates great impact!

Also hoping your cameras are fixed & back in your hands soon.

meggie said...

Your pictures are special. Those leaves, stacked like cards, as you say, are a great shot. I can almost hear the water!

Ambassador said...

Hello! I was comment wandering (Officer Gary>Scott@ForgingIron>SoccerMominDenial) when I happened on your stunning photos - and then Tug Hill jumped out at me!! I spent a wonderful summer working at Raquette Lake and grew up a stone's throw from Fort Drum (tho' it'll always be Camp Drum to me!).

Love the photos - thank you for the link to Shaman too. I am now in New Orleans, but oh, how I miss the Fall in Northern NY. Keep up the wonderful work! Ambassador

Voyager said...

I love the grey photo with the one red leaf. Striking.
V.

The Lone Beader® said...

I would love to know how you did that grayscale photo (with one colour element) in photoshop. Maybe someday I'll learn... :)

Rick Rockhill said...

great photos...really like them!

the blogger formerly known as yinyang said...

I love moving water shots. That last one is amazing.

Synchronicity said...

all i can say is wow! stunning photos!

Em said...

I've been away from the blogs for a bit due to too much work, but tonight I relaxed and enjoyed your photography workshop and all your photos. What a wonderful week. I'm sorry about the wet cameras. But what you learned sounds exciting. The time near your parents sounds very moving. And the beauty of your photos are so relaxing after a very long week.