Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tied to a Post

Sweet memory images
of a voice recalled,
a touch remembered,
given blog voice,
and then I toss, sleepless,
reliving the warm
rose-colored view
of years ago,
the intensity
of those feelings
surprising
my
heart
with the strength
of their grasp.

Comments flatter and touch
as others dream back
their own memories buried.
We all steep in
my creation’s spell,
a universal heart
beating for passions past
or love lost,
until Today’s comfort,
Age’s mellowing
and Now’s love
hold sway,
and I write again,
a new post
releasing me

to resume
my life.
.
......finspired by "As Time Goes By" posted 8/17/07 and several of you who left comments

6 comments:

russkal said...

Hello there, Wiz.

Sorry it took me some time to update my blog and visit you guys. Something happened recently but now I am finally back.

You write beautiful poems as always. And yes, Casablanca is tops on my list of favorite movies.

Keep in touch!

meggie said...

I am almost ashamed to say... I have never seen Casablanca.
I was never keen on Bogey- those awful teeth.
But Ingrid Bergman was something else, I will grant.
A lovely poem WW!

whimsical brainpan said...

Beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

It's very true that nostalgic, gentle posts like "As Time Goes By" get under my skin and send me spiraling back into my own reflections.

That's why I'm so appreciative of thoughtful, talented bloggers.

Crabby said...

Beautiful poem, Wize.

Citymouse said...

:)
I know what you mean