Monday, April 09, 2007

PSYCHO

As I look out at the falling snow, I know that it’s all my fault. Yes, I caused the return of winter.

A week ago, when all was sunny and spring-like, I cleaned out my dresser drawers. Daffodils were peeking up through last fall’s dead leaves and robins were singing as I packed my woolies away and hauled out some t-shirts and khakis. Then – as if I hadn’t been brazen enough in my disregard for PSYCHO – I gathered up all the wool mittens, hats, scarves and socks, washed them with Woolite and gleefully put them in storage… It’s been snowing and I’ve been freezing ever since.

You all know about PSYCHO: wash the car or hang the laundry on the clothesline and it will rain; sign up for an all-day indoor event and the sun will shine gloriously; buy a kite and April’s breezes will turn into doldrums; buy a sled and the snow will melt; plant tomatoes and watch a late frost settle on them; schedule a fall foliage tour and enjoy the two-foot-deep snow dump of a Nor’easter.

Yes, this weather is all my fault. I disregarded the theory of PSYCHO: Personal Stupidity Yielding Cosmically Hellacious Occurrences. I’m sorry.

12 comments:

Mone said...

I think I'm PSYCHO too, wach the car and for sure it will rain within 3 hours. LOL.

Unknown said...

Ah ha! So it's *your* fault it is sleeting on my baby plants even as I type this! ;) Carmon

Bardouble29 said...

And I thought I was the only one who was PHYCHO! Geez, I feel better to know there is more than just me!

Citymouse said...

ill forgive you this time, but dont let it happen again!

darkfoam said...

well, i'm bound and determined to bring in spring. despite temps in the 30's here this weekend in my part of the south (20 miles away it was snowing in those mountains) i packed all my winter stuff away and unpacked spring and summer stuff yesterday. temps were still in the 30s. maybe we can get some reverse PSYCHO going on here. and i'm refusing to turn on the heater. shiver, shiver....

Crabby said...

My fault too. I did the same kind of stuff. Put away winter coats and hats. Pulled out the sandals. Rushed around getting ready for yard work. sigh.

whimsical brainpan said...

*shakes her head* I would give you hell but I did the exact same thing (even went so far as to take the flannel sheets off the bed) so I might have actually contributed. The fault is not all yours to bear it seems.

Anonymous said...

hey wizard! thank you for stopping by to see me. this is meander. i changed my site...this time for good so stop on by when you get the chance...just setting my blog up so it is rather sparse. i have missed you!

Sling said...

Thank god it's YOUR fault!
I thought I was responsible after wearing shorts in public.

CS said...

Craig let me know you were to blame for my tomato and marigold plants biting the dust over the weekend. I'm just glad it wasn't anything I did..

skinnylittleblonde said...

Lol...well, I haven't put any of my winter stuff up...but I guess my powers of persuasion aren't enough to overcome you & the Wool-ite! It's freezing! Yet they say Friday will be 80 & Monday we will be freezing again.
Really, I think Mother Nature is pre-menopausal.

Pepper said...

PSYCHO - I will admit to this. Drive to South Padre Island and the temperature plummets but at least our last day at the beach resulted in a nice sunburn for my son.