Friday, March 16, 2007

The Haircut (another little episode of life in a small town)

It was 8:10 AM and the Curl & Swirl should have been open ten minutes earlier. That is to say that by now the two sisters who make their living in this tiny clip-joint (formerly liquor store) tucked in the back side of the local mini-mart should have been half finished with the two men waiting. The door was unlocked, so they’d gone in. They just didn’t find anybody else there.


“I’ll give you a hair cut if you give me one,” suggested one of the patrons, but before they finished chuckling about that idea, the girls appeared.

Him:
Where the hell ‘ya been?

Hairdresser #1:
My car wouldn’t start.

Him:
Well where the hell is Jake?

Hairdresser #1:
He went to work.

Him:
So what the hell’s wrong with the car?

Hairdresser #1:
I think it’s the fuel pump. We replaced the fuel filter.

Hairdresser #2:
Well does it run once you get it started?

Hairdresser #1:
Yeah.

Hairdresser #2: (sarcastically)
Well then it obviously can’t be the fuel pump.

Him:
Where’d ya get gas?

Hairdresser #1:
From Bruce’s.

Him: (Nods. Apparently Bruce is a trusted source.)
Does Jake’s truck run?

Hairdresser #1:
Yeah.

Him:
Okay, so tomorrow tell him you’re gonna take the truck and he can drive your goddam car.

Hair cut, problem solved, he shuffles off to straighten out the rest of the world.

9 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

LOL! That's right let the man deal with the car problem. I would, I may be a feminist in most things but I hate it when my car doesn't work properly.

The Lone Beader® said...

I agree. LOL

Em said...

I love a small town where the clip joint door wasn't even locked. They could just walk in and wait!

Bardouble29 said...

I absolutely love small towns! People are so funny, everyone knows everyone...there are no secrets!

DirkStar said...

Last night on our local news a girl talking about a shooting she'd witnessed said, "I wish I could give you a better description of the guy but he was wearing a tan coat.

What?

Anonymous said...

Lol! Now ain't that just like a man!

Pepper said...

Wonderful advice. That is so funny.

darkfoam said...

I luuuv that advice. just so happens on tuesday i'm taking spouse's vehicle and he can drive my goddamn car...it needs work!

Zen Wizard said...

I am by no means a gearhead, but "won't start but runs when started" seems to SCREAM an electical problem, like alternator/generator or battery.

Or the battery is not getting enough juice, like because of corroded cables.

Be careful of those AAA @$$holes nowadays, 'cause no matter what is wrong with your car, they try to sell you a $75 battery when they jump your car nowadays.

(Jeez--all this wisdom I am sharing and I don't even get a haircut!)