Monday, December 04, 2006

And The Prize goes to... (pregnant pause)... The Judge!! Yes, it is the wizard's new well! The photo was taken from about three feet above the 6" wide metal casing, looking down at the water inside (which is what I focused the camera on). A Very Honorable Mention goes to Dirk Star http://jestersrap.blogspot.com/, whose wisdom, insights, intuitive puzzle-solving skills and blog decor never fail to amaze!

The good news here is that water is actually FILLING all but about eight of the 300 feet of verticle hole, giving us a reservoir of nearly 438 gallons of water. The bad news is that there is no way to know if there's giardia in it... Would anyone like to drop by for a drink? (Ooops, not quite yet - this marvel of technology still isn't connected to the house).

5 comments:

DirkStar said...

After what the mushrooms did to me?

I ain't drinking nothing, wizard!

I'd be tripping for years...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new well! I must however decline the taste test. When will you know if it is giardia free?

Zen Wizard said...

I would have never guessed.

Looks like something from a Fifties science fiction movie.

russkal said...

And all the while I was focusing on the circular, lens-like object inside the hole. Silly me.

I guess seeing Dirk's new digs too often made me ingest some shrooms unwittingly...

Congratulations to The Judge.

russkal said...

Oh, and thanks for dropping by the party.

Who needs a hundred guests when you have a handful of celebrities like you dropping by?