Tuesday, November 21, 2006

New York, New York

Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it - New York, New York
These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it - New York, New York

I wanna wake up in a city that doesn't sleep
And find I’m king of the hill - top of the heap

These little town blues, are melting away
I'll make a brand new start of it - in old New York
If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you - New York, New York...

Well, at least for a few days.

This weary old blog, is needing a rest
While I chow down gravy and stuffing
Yams and cranberries, and turkey breast
If I can eat it here, I can eat it anywhere - New York, New York

I wanna sip joe in a downtown corner Starbucks cafe
Gawk at the people and lights uptown at 7th Ave. and Broadway

I’ll walk Prospect Park, sing karaoke at night
I’ll pretend I’m part of it – New York, New York
And when I’ve done my share, I’ll say goodbye to there
And come back to you - Upstate New York


Have a good week, and be well and thankful.

3 comments:

DirkStar said...

I just recently went to see the show, "The rat pack is back."

They were wonderful, enjoy New York!

Bring me back a postcard? At least a photo of a parade float?

Happy thanksgiving.

whimsical brainpan said...

I love it! Have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday. Thank you so much for the heads up on blogger beta!

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Turkey, and remember: the concept of "Yield" does not apply to motorists in NYC.