Saturday, April 27, 2013


The Naked Man

A friend is marrying the guy who supposedly played “the naked man” on “How I Met Your Mother”, so I spent some time Googling to see what I could learn about him. I found a synopsis of the episode: Ted hears about a "move", “The Naked Man”, where one takes advantage of a distraction in order to shed their clothing and surprise their date with nakedness in the hope of receiving sex by means of humor, pity or sheer spontaneity. As for seeing the husband-to-be, I couldn't find any images of him, clothed or naked, but I did see his name listed in the “Cast and Credits” for "The Naked Man" episode.

Today was a glorious day in Ottawa, and therefore finally the day to bring my bicycle out of storage. All the workouts at the gym have paid off, because I was able to peddle for an hour and a half with enthusiasm and no complaining muscles, up one side of the Rideau River, across it at Ottawa U. and over to the canal, then north to Bank Street, where I finally began to feel a bit tired and turned for home.

As I coasted down Cumberland Street, approaching the final block, two police cars raced by, sirens screaming, turning to meet three others who were gathered in front of my building. And there he was: The Naked Man! This one was apparently quite drunk, but now I wonder if I'm supposed to love Ted. I'll never know, because it seems to me that my life is much more interesting than television.

No comments: