Monday, March 05, 2007

Work: the Great Distraction...

(If you're in a hurry, please just go to the photos at the bottom of the post and skip the lengthy explanation. As always, I'd love to have you click on a photo for a closer look.)

My husband and I are starting a new business. It's primarily web-based and has to do with helping people find jobs. This is one of his passions, or as we are fond of calling this great interest, his sickness.

We've done a number of strange and varied things together over the years, and we're a great team. Like most good couples, we share pretty much the same world-view, not always agreeing on the details or the reasoning but valueing the same outcomes and state of things. Our individual skill sets are amazingly yin-yang.

Owing to the sub-clauses of the contract that began with "I do," enjoying the chance to work together on something, and desiring an income of some sort, I am a partner in the new business. He is the idea person; I am the "eye of the common folk" (meaning I interject the occasional note of reality...). I am also the photographer and editor for the website and for the newsprint pieces which lead readers to it. The website is database driven and complex, and part of my job is checking all the links and navigation. Together we do it all: substance, design, sales, delivery. If we're lucky, maybe we'll build it into a business that turns a meager profit.

So that, in a nutshell, is why I have not had the time to go visiting around Bloggerville lately.

But don't think I am not enjoying this venture! I won't bore you - yet - with any of the "work" photos, but I do want to share a couple of shots I took between business stops last Friday.
.

.
The Lion in Spring
© copyright 2007 WizenedEye.com
.

.
On the Dark Side of the Street
© copyright 2007 WizenedEye.com

7 comments:

Em said...

The reflection of the lion in the melting snow is beautiful! Good luck on the new venture!!

Craig D said...

Got any QA or QC jobs?

I'll send you my resume!

Bardouble29 said...

I must say I am green with jealousy about your business venture! I have a desire to one day start my own venture!

The second photo is beyond words...it is just awesome!

whimsical brainpan said...

I love the pic with the reflection! Good luck on your new business venture. When you have time to come back for a vist we'll be here.

Robin said...

Hey Wiz....
Somehow I've missed your friend and the link. Forgive my ignorance. Can you point me in the right direction?

Robin said...

Hi Wiz,
The heads-up came from another friend with a similar URL. Doesn't matter. Gave me another excuse to visit the 'secret blog'.

Thanks again,

~R

Pepper said...

Good luck with the new business venture! As always I love your photographs.