Thursday, December 21, 2006

My Wish ...



As a recipient of one of this year's Eddie Awards, I feel that I have a responsibility to put my 15 minutes of fame - and the generous check - to good use, so I have purchased the two feet of beautiful, clean, white snow you see enhancing the photograph. (Many thanks to Sigmund's contact up at the pole and to all the other gnomes who gave generously of their time and energies to stack the firewood and set up the shot).

And I offer these words sung by Peter, Paul and Mary:

If I were free to speak my mind,
I'd tell a tale to all mankind
Of how the flowers do bloom and fade
Of how we've fought and how weve paid.

This weary world has had its fill
Of words of war on every hill
The time has come for peaceful days
And peaceful men of peaceful ways.

When all mankind has ceased to fight
I'll raise my head in thanks each night
For this rich earth and all it means
For golden days and peaceful dreams.

Peace be with you and with all of us -

The Wizened Wizard

12 comments:

DirkStar said...

If you click on the trophy on my site it will give you the cod for displayiing the trophy on your site.

Simply copy the HTML code, then paste in your side bar and you have a visible award.

We do things right at Eddie, are you kidding.

whimsical brainpan said...

Congratulations my fellow winner! It seems I am in good company but then I already knew that. :-)

whimsical brainpan said...

I always go with casual if given a choice. Do you think we should dress up for the press conference?

Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

You know, Wiz, even after "all these" (no numbers, please) years, you still amaze me. I'm sure glad you decided to become New York's answer to Charles Kuralt. Merry Christmas from North Carolina, y'all!

And from Ed McCurdy & the Chad Mitchell trio;

Last night I had the strangest dream
I never dreamed before
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war

I dreamed I saw a crowded room
And the room was filled with men
And the paper they were signing said
They'd never fight again.

And when the papers were all signed
And a million copies made
They all joined hands and bowed their heads
And grateful prayers were prayed.

And the people in the streets below
Were dancing 'round and 'round
And guns and swords and uniforms
Were scattered on the ground,

Last night I had the strangest dream
I never dreamed before
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war.

..................... said...

...and peace be also with you, oh wize one..:)
congratulations on your award!
i may have to check out some of these other blogs.

DirkStar said...

Merry Christmas!

I'll see you after the holiday.

russkal said...

Hello there, my fellow awardee!

I have, once again, emerged from reality only to find an award waiting for me. What a surprise!

Sure feels good to be a winner, doesn't it?

Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

Craig D said...

Remember this one?

"And so this is Xmas
For weak and for strong
For rich and the poor ones
The world is so wrong
And so happy Xmas
For black and for white
For yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear"

(John Lennon & Yoko Ono, 1971)

BTW, did you ever see that movie "A Mighty Wind"?

Merry Christmas and a Festive Festivus to you!

..................... said...

have a merry happy. wize one.
schaumi

Pepper said...

Merry Christmas!

You song is so appropriate.

skeet said...

Mele Kalikimaka to you. May 2007 bring bountiful blessings!

DirkStar said...

Merry Christmas!

I got a new digital camera!

I'm gonna be a dad!

My blogging buddies are the very best!

I'm so looking forward to the new year with all of you!